Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 6, breakfast, lunch

I think I'm the rare man who doesn't really enjoy the weekend. I become distressed by my desire to be sluggish and while a day of relaxtion and recuperation is instrumental in good health, I think two days of such prescribed sloth is excessive.

As such I try to use the liberal amount of time to my best advantage by reading for work and pleasure and engaging in light yet adventurous exercise. I adhere to a normal schedule (althought at my age, I'm not so strict as to dismiss the possibility of luxuriating in a nap or two).

I cook for the week, too — I like to soak a big pot of beans for lunch over the week and maybe bake a loaf of bread. That's what I had for lunch today, and it was a fine meal: pinto beans simmered with garlic, olive oil and spinach, along with wheat bread (my own recipe). I made too many beans and probably have enough to last me a month.

Breakfast was some plain yogurt, bran flakes and an orange, and I had coffee today. I think in a bit I'll make some popcorn on the stove.

1 comment:

  1. This might well be my favorite blog ever. Keep it up, David.

    ReplyDelete