Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yule, yule, yule et al

Well, scratch the post two before this one. I woke up in a seasonal mood yesterday, and it has yet to subside. It is man's prerogative to change his mind, right? (Or does that adage only apply to women? Shame.)

This may be because of the new snow, or the pine boughs I dragged in from outside and hung over the hearth this morning or because Martha brought me half of a cranberry-tangerine coffee cake yesterday leftover from her choir practice — the kind bedecked with the most satisfying cinnamon crumble on top and a generously plush interior. I could eat just the crumble part with a spoon. I try not to.

I'm thinking about being experimental this weekend and trying my hand at a coffee cake of my own, copyright Souter. I brainstormed three possible combinations: almond and chocolate, pear and cardomom, or chocolate pear almond. Which would you choose? I am leaning toward the latter.

2 comments:

  1. The snow here in Pittsburgh is slowly pulling me into the holiday mood, as well. Watching the dogs frolic in the snow is the ultimate stress reliever. The coffee cakes sound lovely, particularly the pear cardomom and the chocolate pear almond. Can't wait to hear how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make a coffee cake? not yet?
    I am waiting for a briefing of a coffee cake, copyright Souter. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete