Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 12, breakfast and lunch

Friends, hello. Been bogged down with work, meetings ... hardly a second to think about my gastronomic needs and impulses, although I've been trying. Suffice it to say I've been eating many peanut butter sandwiches (sandwich in left hand, pen in right. Ambidextrousness at its finest).

The weekend is here to soothe my stresses. After a nice run this morning, I had a heaping bowl of oat bran with a third of a banana sliced on top. I ate the other two-thirds of the banana mashed on pumpernickel toast. I like oat bran over oatmeal at times for its finer gauge, it seems go down easier while still providing ample satiety.

I am taking advantage of the spring vegetables available. Between reading marathons this week I did have time to concoct a batch of cream of asparagus soup. The color is really the most wonderful part of this soup.

I think I just heard a rumble of thunder in the distance! My friend Eve is going to come pick me up in a bit and we're going to go to a farmstand in Virginia. I've packed some tomato sandwiches for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment